Thursday, March 8, 2012

Change

A Time for change.
There comes a time when the earth stops spinning
It is the time when nothing seems to me going forward
And there is no way to move back.
Your feet are firmly planted in one spot.
Some times life just seems to come to an abrupt stop.
Not for me.
It is like opening your eyes and seeing you have not gone a step.
All your time dreaming you dream of the future.
While awake your feet are nailed to the floor.
And then is the time you know it is a time for change.

Change found me, with tears and open arms.
They hugged me and saw in me what i did not.
Change swept me off my feet and sent me tumbling.
Into a mist unknown to my eyes.
Fear, fear of change, a trait of humanity kicked in.
And I found my self staring the lion in the eyes.
To go into a land unknown and give my trust to those unknown,
an eye opening jump into the well.
Who should be on the bottom to embrace my fall?
What new things will become?
And if I return at all who will I be?
What will others think?
Will I even care what it is that they do think?
For that is a mind set of the old me.
To go head first into a change so large it can change me.
Oh the thrill, the chance, the mystery!
So off I go with little to place on the table before me,
Yet a life time of baggage to let free.
And if next week I am not me, pray that me the better you will see.

2 comments: