Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dinner tonight

I want to cook something tonight that will impress and I will have fun cooking I love to cook. So I went and opened the freezer to find a surprise since I have to post these at the bitten so take a look!
Haha it is a new thing for me to find broken glass in the fridge. But hey I have learned how to clean splattered soda off of freezer walls as your sponge likes to freeze to the side. Now my only dilemma is what to cook for dinner...
Something yum! I am not lacking in any type of food. Just ideas.
I want to try breaded shrimp. And I think some baked chicken.
I am taking and dipping shrimp in a light egg and bread batter and frying on the stove top. For the chicken I think a tomato and basil soft flour batter. I know I am a nerd sitting here blogging about dinner plans. Just goes to show you I am a regular every day woman who does everyday things like cooking, cleaning and soon have a normal every day job. Not that you thought I was any thing but normal.
Ok now that I am done explaining that I am an everyday woman lets go on,

Thursday night breaded shrimp.

3 eggs beaten and in a small bowl
2 cups bread crumbs in separate bowl
I cup flour in Same bowl as crumbs mix well
Oil
12 large frozen shrimp

Dip shrimp in egg then flour and bread crumb mixer and then fry in light oil.

Tomato basil baked chicken

4 pieces of chicken
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons mrs. Dash tomato basil seasoning.
1 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons butter
Tomato
Basil
3 tablespoons sour cream
Heat and mix butter and sour cream in sauce pan on med. heat. Mix flour and seasoning in a med bowl. Dip chicken in butter and sour cream mixture. Cover with flour mixture. Top with slice of fresh tomato, basil leafs and pepper.Bake at 350 til meat is done.

2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I actually super love making food too. :) I don't know if you like asian food, but if you want to try something super easy and yummy this one's my new favorite: http://www.food.com/recipe/bourbon-chicken-45809.
    I hope you're having a fantastic life right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mario loves Asian food!! Court you are a blessing from above! Love you! Have you been blogging lately?

    ReplyDelete