Thursday, October 13, 2011

The key to happiness is the law of attraction. This law is the idea that we draw to us what we focus on the most. First there is something that we want such as wealth, health and love. By then picturing, imagining and feeling as If we had that wanted item we send out a vibe out. Sending out this vibe tells the world that you have already received what it is you want and fulfills your wants. The key to this is positive thinking. The law attraction can work for and against us. Whatever you focus on is what you get. So if you focus on the negative then that’s exactly what you get. You can take control of your life this way.
Rushing to a class on a Monday morning I fell and tore my pants and cut open my leg. I still went to class, but was convinced that this must be the worst day ever. When arriving to class I realized that there was a quiz on material that I had not even read yet. I let my attitude slide even farther down. Back home thinking of how sad my life was. I told myself no one would come to visit me that night, my roommate would probably be grumpy and all that could go wrong would. Well that’s just what happened. I sat in my room all alone and depressed, my roommate came home in a fit and my day just kept getting worse.

The negative thoughts I had thought that day brought more negative things to my life. If I had put positive thoughts into play I could have changed my whole day. It could have gone like this;

Rushing to class on a Monday morning I fell and tore my pants and cut open my leg. I laughed thinking about how I had complained of hating those pants just minutes before. When arriving in class the teacher saw the blood and sent me to get it cleaned up telling me I could take the quiz after class. This meant I would get the answers in today’s lecture since I had not prepared. Back home my roommate saw my pants and helped me sew them up and we laughed about our day. Others hearing our laughter came and invited us to come and watch a movie with them.  

The law of attraction does not recognize negative words, like cant, wont and will not. Whatever you are paying the most attention to is what the law brings forth. So if you think “It will not rain today” In fact in will. The words rain and today are the focus. Instead thoughts must be put into positive phases. “It is going to be a nice day.” Now the focus is on a nice day.

By thinking positively we do not notice when the negative shows up in our lives. If we think of all the great things we already have we are focusing on those things and draw more to us.

There are many ways to become a positive thinker. Writing down all the things you are grateful for is a great way since it makes you think of all things you already have. Also visualizing something is already yours, you feel the joy of it and it is more likely to be yours.

At one time one of my good friends was listening to me complain of how I have never had a long-lasting relationship. Looking at me he said something that actually made me mad. “You cannot picture you self in a relationship so there for you are not in one.” Not understanding his words it made me angry and I tried to explain that I was just stating that I know what usually happens. It was not ‘till a year later that I learned what he had meant. You have to be able to believe that you can have what you want. You have to see yourself with whatever it is you want, be it money, to overcome cancer or a relationship.

You have the power to shape your life. Why spend time thinking negative thoughts that only bring more negative things into your life? When you can center yourself on all the positive things and not only can it, and will it, attract the things you want but it is the key to happiness.

I learned all of this from my great leaders and peer mentors at snow college and from " The Secret" I suggest it for all to see or read!!
Here is one youtube containing bits of it that I love and for the longest time would watch every morning.


I believe every one should know of "The Secret" 
So here is the first 20 min

No comments:

Post a Comment