Friday, September 16, 2011

Very old poems I wrote...


_----

Snow Angel


I met you on a winter’s night

I had left the heavens above

You were sad, crying over some lost love

I floated right pass you

I saw your shinning tears

Then a breeze brought me right back to you

I wanted to make you smile

You looked like an angel sitting there

I knew you were dangerous to one like me

You looked at me

Eyes gleaming in the Streetlight

I floated closer you covered you face

Your skin pale as my gentle lace

I could tell your heart was breaking

I wanted to heal it

Then the Breeze brought me closer

Till I touched your tender cheek

I melted and mingled with your warm tears

You looked to the sky as my siblings began to fall too

All gently covering you and tickling your upturned face

You smiled and the tear I had joined fell to the snow below

There I watched as you began to glow

First your eyes and then your whole face

My life, though short, was complete

You stood and began to spin

And I froze a crystal rose at your feet.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I got a really good grade on this one when I was in a class my first semester of college.. now it seems silly and like a child's writing.

--------------------------------------

Goodbye

Do you really know?

you say you do

But do you really understand?

I tried to keep it silent

all my feeling for you

you read me like a book and knew

when I thought you had no clue

you don't love me the same

I want to pull away

but still you smile

treat me so sweetly

do you not see

I am falling

falling in love with you

its not some thing I can just let go

you mean more to me than I do to you

but do you understand that?

No, or you would understand

Why now i have to let you go

you say you would not miss me

well I miss you

and there was not even a goodbye

why can't you love me back?

Best of friends thats what we were

thats what I thought we were

but then to you I was just some girl

you were more than just some guy

you were my dream guy so long ago

but now is time for me to say goodbye

it would have been easier if it was you leaving

not me

but thats not how its going to go

you wont say goodbye

like you don't want to hurt me

but I am already hurt

its time to say goodbye 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

this one was written around the same time. 

---------------------------------------

SUMMER

Summer is said to be a time of freedom

A time of great celebration

where the sun always shines 

and all ages gather for vacations

or get away from the hard work of the year

I beg a differ. I have never found this to be true.

for me it is a time of waiting for the next season to return

a time of work and loneliness

and longing for a new day.

Summer is not a set in stone thing

I have never had so called summer fling

perhaps a spring or fall

summer not at all

so may summer be what it is

a time to wish away

and wait for the fall

__________________________________________________________________________________----

another random one.

another random one.

No comments:

Post a Comment